Rest and revitalise in a comfortable environment
Modern respite accommodation in a peaceful bushland setting on Brisbane’s north side.
At Mercy Community Services, we provide short term Respite accommodation in a comfortable, homely environment. Our Respite facilities are conveniently located at our modern Nudgee aged care residences on the north side of Brisbane.
We cater to a range of Respite Care needs and our flexible services provide for overnight, short term and longer respite stays. Our residential communities provide a welcoming environment where you can be as social and active, or independent and private as you want.
Who is respite care suited for?
Full time caring for loved ones is a rewarding experience for many people in our communities. However there are times when carers need some short-term assistance, such as:
- Following an incident or fall at home
- A change in care needs that requires additional support
- During recovery from an illness
- Recuperation following a hospital stay
- Some time to recharge for the caregiver
- Whilst your family is going away on holidays
- To experience life in a Mercy aged care residence
Admission and Assessment options
Mercy Community Services respite care can be accessed through one of two ways:
- Government funded rooms, requiring an ACAT assessment, but no out of pocket expense.
- Privately funded rooms, providing faster access, and no hold ups from an assessment.
Our staff can help you understand what are the costs involved and what is the best option for you.
All rooms provide 24/7 nursing care, where respite residents have access to all services, programs and activities on offer. Respite stays are available from one or two days, to two weeks or longer depending, on your needs.
Respite can be booked in advance by contacting our office on (07) 3260 9555.
What the service includes
- Our rooms: Modern, comfortable rooms with a private ensuite bathroom and brightly lit by large windows overlooking a gardens or private courtyard.
- Our carers: Our friendly caring staff are on site 24 hours a day and can assist you with showering, mobility, medication management and other services as required.
- Catering: Our qualified chef and catering staff serve three delicious meals per day along with tea, coffee, morning tea and afternoon tea. Special diets are also catered for.
- Our community: Meals can be enjoyed in your room or in the dining room. Our communal areas are ideal for socialising with fellow residents.
You can download our Respite brochure or for more information, simply call our friendly team on (07) 3260 9555.