Specialist Project Officers & Dementia Specialist Care
The Specialist Project Officers have advanced clinical skills and provide expert individual clinical care to residents and support to family and friends.
The Project Officer is able to:
- liaise with and refer residents to medical and allied health professionals
- oversee wound care, pain management and palliation
- manage Transition to Care progam.
The Project Officer's educative role across the service also ensures that registered and care staff knowledge remains contemporary.
Dementia Specialist staff provide support by:
- developing and contributing to individual resident care plans that support behaviour management
- educating staff and families
- assessing resident needs in relation to dementia
- developing responsive strategies for residents and their families
- providing outreach support to clients and families in the community.